Developing Software for Symbian OS: An Introduction to Creating Smartphone Applications in C++
The overall goal of this book is to provide introductory coverage of Symbian OS and get developers who have little or no knowledge of Symbian OS developing as quickly as possible.
- A clear and concise text on how Symbian OS architecture works and the core programming techniques and concepts needed to be a solid, competent Symbian programmer
- Shows how Symbian OS architecture and programming compares with other mobile operating systems (to help transition and for better understanding)
- Provides multiple examples and extra descriptions for areas most difficult for new programmers who are unfamiliar to the unique OS architecture
- Contains many tips and techniques documented only, up until now, by scattered white papers and newsgroup threads
- Describes many details of inner operations of Symbian OS, focusing specifically on those needed to become a competent programmer
The book will cover development ranging from low-level system programming to end user GUI applications. It also covers the development and packaging tools, as well as providing some detailed reference and examples for key APIs.