The Truth About SEO: How to survive online in a world of robots, demons, influencers, and spiders
If you’ve ever sat in a meeting and not understood a word of what that person responsible for your website is saying, if you’ve ever thought “that doesn’t sound right” but not known what questions to ask, if you’ve ever stared at a graph or a report and realised that you didn’t know if it meant things were getting better or worse, if you’ve ever had that nagging dread that you’re handing money over to someone and not getting a return on it… this is the book for you.
Backed with over a decade of knowledge accumulated working on SEO, website design, eCommerce, and digital transformation across a wide range of industries, The Truth About SEO is the book that every business owner should have – and every SEO consultant should worry about.
In this book you will learn:
- What is SEO?
- Why do people say that SEO is “dead” – and it is really?
- The Rules of SEO – Five ways to stay out of trouble and thrive online
- What one metric matters more than any other on a website – and what you can do about it
- What internet terms mean and why this industrial is addicted to rebranding itself
- The “ABC” of SEO
- How to pick the right technology for your website – and which technology to avoid
- What functionality your site must have to succeed online
- What to do if you chose the wrong technology
- How to deal with SEO problems
- How to make sure your site is scalable and robust
- How to manage your content and improve your SEO
- How to find out what Google really thinks of your content
- How to create an authentic tone of voice for your brand – without employing expensive consultants
- How to structure your website for maximum efficiency
- The five types of web page and how they work
- How to use keywords properly – improving SEO and avoiding penaltie
- How customers will use your site and what you need to do to attract and convert them
- Design tips to help you get your site right – without expensive design consultancy
- How to control site structure to maximise conversions and SEO
- The importance of links to your site and how to build them effectively
- The Three Golden Rules of Backlinking
- How to deal with broken links
- How to deal with press releases
- Link building hacks to increase your sites presence online
- How to deal with social media
- How to deal with online influencers
- How to measure site performance and improvement
- Tips and Tricks on running a successful website or eCommerce business
Every point in this book is fully actionable, by you, without spending a penny.
If you want to be empowered, drive your business forward, and succeed online, then this is the book for you.